The Museum conducts education and outreach activities to increase the awareness of various target groups about science with an emphasis on biodiversity and Jamaica’s natural environment.
Through it’s Education Department, it manages the Discovery Room and Exhibition Gallery where Jamaican flora and fauna are displayed for public viewing on a daily basis.
Ongoing educational programs include:
– Biodiversity Awareness Programme in Clarendon Schools – Sponsored by the Trans Jamaican Highway
– General Outreach and Lessons to Schools
– School tours and Science trips to Mason River
– Summer Programmes
– “An Afternoon with a Scientist”
– Earth Day Essay, Poster & Photography Competition